Monday, April 21, 2008

Cherrys First Apple Pie

Dinner
It had been wet day, and I was totally over the mob here. During the day, I had helped Cherry make her first apple pie. I tend not to do to much cooking with the kids, they sort of get in the way, and fight, but I have decided to relent on this, and only allow one at a time to cook with me, and be more insistant about them cleaning up as well.
So, she presented my with her peeled apples, when I got back from a seminar at lunch time. We made a short crust pastry, no recipe, I just dump the stuff, in the bowl in the right order and tell her what to do. eg rub the butter into the flour, etc,etc. Rolled, Filled. egg washed, and Ta Da, apple pie.
We had it after one of my no fuss chicken and veg. roasts, because
I wanted to visit a friend close by, it was 5 o,clock, and I really needed to get out of this mad house.
So I filled a baking tray, with chicken legs, potatoes, sweet potato, carrot, and onions, all cut to the same size. added some whole garlic cloves (skins on) the juice and the quarted pieces of a lemon, sprinkled mixed herbs, and splashed olive oil. Bunged it in a moderatly hot over, and left the house.
Walked back in the door at 6.30 took the tray out of the oven, microwaved the brocoli, and dinner was on the table. They all loved it but lamented the fact that there was no gravy. Oh well, the idea was a good dinner with little effort, anyway I made custard, to go with the Apple pie.


Yum oh, apple pie and custard. This girl, had a belly on her like a stuffed pup, after her dinner.

1 comment:

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Apple Pie.... where is the part where you bring some to my house so I can dive into a slice?? Looks delicious!

Great blog! I'm so sorry about the address mix up. I'm not sure how I managed that but it is very typical of me! Beware of my typos!

Blessings and thanks!
-Lacy
www.razorfamilyfarms.com