Tuesday, April 22, 2008

5th Generation Lemon Butter Maker

This Girl wants to take over the Kitchen! Cherry was home, sick and the day before I had been talking about making Lemon Butter, because we have a good crop of lemons.
Well didn't she just get it sorted, got out pen and paper, and started to write her recipe, then hasseled me untill I got out my recipe book, for all the measurements. Well she did it, and being the first time she cooked this, took it slow and easy in the micograve, and had great sucess. She also made tart cases from the left over Apple Pie pastry. Yummo!
This is my Great Grandmothers Recipe, I remember my Grandmother making it, my mother uses it on top of her baby Ricotta Cheesecakes, I put it in tart cases, and now my daughter is cooking it, (and eating it from the jar) Isn't it great to have family recipes.
Naturally I'm sworn to secrecy not to give the recipe away, so don't tell anyone- Its a Secret.
Lemon Butter
2 Tbs Butter
4 Tbs Sugar (White)
2 eggs
juice of 2 Lemons
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, and either cook over a double boiler, or microwave for 30 secs at a time. Keep the mixture moving untill it is thick. Serve it with anything sweet, eg cake filling, tart filling, on toast, off your fingers. Put it in a jar in the fridge, it should last a week or so.

3 comments:

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Yummy lemon butter!

How wonderful!

Blessings!

Lacy

www.razorfamilyfarms.com

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I miss you!

Blessings!
Lacy
www.razorfamilyfarms.com

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I miss you, Jacky!

www.razorfamilyfarms.com